HSBC is committed to leading the way to a sustainable future. We recognise the critical role that finance has to play in creating sustainable growth. As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations HSBC aspires to be a leading global partner in financing, managing and shaping the transition to a low carbon future.
According to HSBC Navigator report Now, next and how for business, sustainability is a key trend for China. Firms are increasingly focused on becoming sustainable, both to satisfy demand from customers and to further strengthen the country's position as supply chain to the world. More businesses in China view sustainability as essential to their long-term viability than the global average (30% versus 21%). 78% of firms in China think they have a role to play in delivering the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), considerably higher than global counterparts (63%)
Sustainable Financing Programme
- China is issuing significant policies in multiple sectors for a transition to a low carbon economy.
- Our Sustainable Financing Programme provides financial support and recognition for clients investing in eco friendly projects and adopting a sustainable way of doing business.
- You may apply for facilities under Sustainable Financing Programme if your projects can contribute to reducing carbon emission
Features for Sustainable Financing Programme
- Fixed Asset L oan Support your investing on the projects deriving carbon emission reduction
- Carbon Saving 1 An extra offer in form of cash rebate
- Green Loan Principles Aligning with the Green Loan Principles issued by the Loan Market Association (LMA)
- A Free Environmental Merit Certification A report assessed and certificated by our technical partner
Realizing Carbon Emission Reduction 15% or above, in LMA’s indicative categories of Green Projects, including but not limited to:
- Renewable Energy including production, transmission, appliances and products;
- Energy Efficiency such as in new and refurbished buildings, energy storage, more energy efficient machine or equipment
- Green Buildings which meet regional, national or internationally recognised standards or certifications;
- Clean Transportation such as electric, hybrid, public, rail, non motorised transportation, infrastructure for clean energy veh icles and reduction of carbon emissions, and etc.
Environmental Merit Assessment
Each application will go through an environmental merit assessment conducted by our technical partner
We are always here to support businesses towards a sustainable future. Please do not hesitate to contact your Relationship Manager or call 400 821 8878 for more details.