You may apply for facilities under Sustainable Financing Programme if your projects can contribute to reducing carbon emission
Sustainable Financing Programme
- China is issuing significant policies in multiple sectors for a transition to a low carbon economy.
- Our Sustainable Financing Programme provides financial support and recognition for clients investing in eco friendly projects and adopting a sustainable way of doing business.
- You may apply for facilities under Sustainable Financing Programme if your projects can contribute to reducing carbon emission
Features for Sustainable Financing Programme
- Fixed Asset L oan Support your investing on the projects deriving carbon emission reduction
- Carbon Saving 1 An extra offer in form of cash rebate
- Green Loan Principles Aligning with the Green Loan Principles issued by the Loan Market Association (LMA)
- A Free Environmental Merit Certification A report assessed and certificated by our technical partner
Realizing Carbon Emission Reduction 15% or above, in LMA’s indicative categories of Green Projects, including but not limited to:
- Renewable Energy including production, transmission, appliances and products;
- Energy Efficiency such as in new and refurbished buildings, energy storage, more energy efficient machine or equipment
- Green Buildings which meet regional, national or internationally recognised standards or certifications;
- Clean Transportation such as electric, hybrid, public, rail, non motorised transportation, infrastructure for clean energy veh icles and reduction of carbon emissions, and etc.
Environmental Merit Assessment
Each application will go through an environmental merit assessment conducted by our technical partner
1 During the Facility tenor, the Applicant may be eligible for an annual cash rebate payable by the Bank. The cash rebate will be the low er of
- 0.1% of original drawn facility amount of the Facility (first year), 0.1% of the outstanding facility amount at the beginning of each annual anniversary of the Facility (subsequent years);
- Carbon credit conversion factor multiplied by the expected carbon emission reduction in tonnes per year stipulated in the EM Rep ort. The carbon credit conversion factor is determined by HSBC from time to time at its sole discretion. The carbon credit conversion factor is currently CNY132per ton of carbon emission reduced per year, and;
- Subject to the cap of CNY180,000 by each Applicant per annum.
Important: Notice This document is issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited (“HSBC”). The document shall not constitute an offer, invitation or inducement to contract. The recipient is solely responsible for mak ing its own independent appraisal of the products, services and other content referred to in this document. Please refer to the Programme Application Form and relevant documents for details and the relevant applicable terms and conditions.
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions.