Green Deposits aim to provide customers with an opportunity to fulfill their sustainability goals by investing their surplus funds into environmentally beneficial projects and business.
What are the Advantages of Entering a Green Deposits?
Get stable principal and predictable income
Contribute to your sustainability agendas
Ease of use
Place deposits using a simple process
Demonstrate to investors of your efforts toward low-carbon transition and environmental protection
- HSBC uses the deposits to fund eligible environmentally beneficial projects and business
- The amount for Green Deposits will be subject to availability and size of eligible projects and businesses
- HSBC provides quarterly report that includes the allocation of funds
Who Is It For?
- Companies planning for inclusion of sustainability agendas into their treasury activities
- Companies with limited opportunities for investment in environmentally beneficial projects and business
- Companies who prefer investing their surplus funds in deposits rather than in marketable securities (e.g., bonds)
As we work to help you achieve your sustainability goals, we are dedicated to the following causes*:
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Efficient Buildings
- Sustainable Waste Management
- Sustainable Land Use
- Clean Transportation
- Sustainable Water Management
- Climate Change Adaptation
*Examples of green project themes shown above are non-exhaustive and for illustration purposes only.
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions.